AdventNet SNMP API offers a comprehensive development toolkit for SNMP-based network management applications. AdventNet's SNMP stack comprises a set of powerful Java SNMP library to build real-time applications for monitoring and tracking network elements that are reliable, scalable, and OS independent.
Developers can leverage AdventNet's SNMP library to build standalone, web-based, and distributed (EJB, CORBA, or RMI) SNMP-based network management applications. The Java SNMP library provides off-the-shelf components for trap and table handling along with basic SNMP operations, such as SNMP GET, SNMP GETNEXT, SNMP GETBULK, and SNMP SET. These components enable simple and rapid development and deployment of SNMPv1, SNMPv2c, and SNMPv3 management applications.
The SNMP management application (manager) built using the Java-based SNMP API can receive SNMP traps, which can be processed based on predefined criteria for effective SNMP management.
Key Features of AdventNet SNMP API
* Multi-lingual support: Complete support for SNMPv1, SNMPv2c and SNMPv3.
* SNMPv3 security: Support for HMAC-SHA-96, HMAC-MD5-96, CBC-DES and 128 bit AES encryption.
* Robust SMIv1 and SMIv2 MIB Parser: Seamlessly parses the MIB definitions from any OEM vendor. Offers various flavors of parsing based on the MIB definitions.
* MIB Loading: Option to load MIB definitions from a pre-compiled file, a Serialized file, or a Database to boost the performance.
* IPv6 (Internet Protocol Version 6) support: Provides connectivity with IPv6 and IPv4 based devices.
* SNMP Broadcasting: Broadcasts snmp packets across the network to auto-discover snmp devices in the network.
* SNMP Beans: Provides high-level bean components such as, SnmpTarget, SnmpTable, SnmpPoller, TrapReceiver for easy application development.
* Database support: Provides scalability by storing MIB definitions and SNMPv3 configuration data in any relational database such as, MySQL and Oracle.
* MIB Browser: Tool for administering network and system components. Can be run as a stand-alone application or invoked from a web browser.
* Command line utilities: Perform SNMP operations such as, SNMP GET, SNMP GETNEXT, SNMP SET, SNMP BULK, SNMP WALK, etc. on remote agents.
X-NetStat Professional X-NetStat Professional shows your current Internet and network connections (addresses, ports used, traffic, age, process EXE, status). Includes IP-Lookup Tools, Network Statistics, Remote Access Server, Rules, Port Database. It's Internet radar.
LucidLink WiFi Client LucidLink WiFi Client is easy to use solves Wi-Fi connection issues. Automatically detects network security settings, alerts for incompatible settings and suspected security threats. Supports open, WEP and WPA-PSK secured networks.
Multiplicity Multiplicity enables a user to control multiple local personal computers as a single computing platform. A user who has more than one computer in their office can put them together and control them all from a single keyboard and mouse.
Pinger Keep track of what is happening on your network.
Emsa Bandwidth Monitor Emsa Bandwidth Monitor is a handy utility which allows monitoring your internet connection speed, total traffic, average download/upload speed,and more. Freeware.
Routix NetCom Easy-to-use packets-level filtering. NetCom is an extensible firewall, traffic controller, QoS, Bandwidth, Bridging, Redirection, NAT and traffic statistics software for the Microsoft Windows.